Step 1: Create an Account on the Conservation Training Website
The course is hosted on The Nature Conservancy’s Conservation Training website. Before you can register for the course, you must create a Conservation Training account. If you already have an account, please log in. If you have forgotten your username or password, click here.
Step 2: Enroll in the Greening Consumption & Production Course
Once you are logged in to ConservationTraining.org, you can enroll. This simple process does not require an access key. Here are the steps:
- Navigate to the Curriculums menu. Find the NBSAP Curriculum and click it. Alternatively, click here.
- This action will take you to the NBSAP learning page, which offers five different e-learning modules. Your course – Greening Consumption & Production – is the first listing. Click on the course name or access it here.
- This action will prompt you to “confirm enrollment”. Click “Yes” and you will be taken to the course homepage. You now have full access to the course! All course materials will become available on Wed., 24 May. Until then, there is basic information about the course and schedule available in the course room.
- Once you are registered, log in to the website to access the courseroom.
Step 3: Register for the Webinar Sessions
Each Wed., from 31 May to 5 July, we will enrich your learning experience by offering webinars in English, French and Spanish. The webinar format (live or prerecorded) may vary due to speaker availability. Information on each week’s webinar will be posted on the “latest news” page in the courseroom and sent by email. We will use the Go-To-Webinar platform to host the webinars. Therefore, you need to separately enroll in the webinar series.
Here are the steps:
- Click the link of the webinar series you are interested in attending (no limit):
- French – 8:00 am – 9:30 am EDT/NY
- English – 9:45 am – 11:15 am EDT/NY
- Spanish – 11:30 am – 1:00 pm EDT/NY
- You will be redirected to a registration page and prompted to enter your first name, last name and email.
- Go-To-Webinar will send you a personalized link to access the classroom. You must retain this code and use it each week to access the webinar.
- Each Wednesday, follow the link to access the webinar. Two hours before each webinar, you will also receive an email reminding you of this information.
If you can’t make a webinar, don’t worry! We will post it in the course room – under that week’s ‘activities’ – by 5:00pm EDT/NY the day it is hosted.
Mark your calendar! The first webinar is on Wednesday 31 May, 2017!
Step 4: Join the NBSAP Forum
The NBSAP Forum is an online community of practice that supports conservation planning practitioners to develop and implement effective National Biodiversity Strategies and Action Plans (NBSAPs). UNDP, the Secretariat of Convention on Biological Diversity, and the UN Environment Programme host the Forum. The NBSAP Forum has a page dedicated to Aichi Biodiversity Target Four: SCP, where we will post webinar recordings, course resource and weekly course summaries. You are also encouraged to share your assignments and join discussions on the Forum. Find updates about the course here.
Steps to Join:
- Access the NBSAP Forum.
- Create a member profile. Add your first and last name, email address and protect your profile with a password.
- After logging into your profile, click on your name in the upper right portion of the screen. This step takes you to your “Member Profile” page. Once there, upload a brief bio, headshot and information on your countries/regions of focus, languages and expertise. For multiple option selection, press the Control (Ctrl) button on your keyboard and select all applicable options. See this member profile sample.
- Make sure to visit our SCP page and click “follow this community” to receive updates. We will also post course updates on this here.