|Event Start Date:|
17th September 2017
|Event End Date:|
23rd September 2017
Auroville, Tamil Nadu
Creating a Sustainable Future
A 6-day Workshop at Auroville
(Tamil Nadu, India)
September 17-23, 2017
‘Creating a Sustainable Future’ explores an integral approach to sustainable practices and introduces some of the technologies being developed and implemented in the international community of Auroville in South India. The workshop also explores inner sustainability, without which humanity will not be able to achieve a permanent change of consciousness.
The workshop includes theoretical sessions, practical demonstrations and site visits. In the classroom sessions, we will cover topics such as environmental crisis, concepts of sustainability, water harvesting, wastewater treatment, solar energy, earth construction, food, health, and wellness. We will take you on visits to Auroville communities to experience practical applications of sustainable principles. You will also get an opportunity to experience activities that explore the inner dimension.
Participants will stay at the Center Guest House and join in an intensive experience with sessions from 8.45 am to 9.00 pm every day. The sessions will be handled by an interdisciplinary group of Auroville residents, assisted by external faculty.
The workshop is for you, if you have been seeking answers to questions such as the following:
- Why do I see a continuing decline in my city and/or my neighbourhood?
- Why has the weather become so unpredictable everywhere? Is climate change a real issue?
- Why is unceasing economic development not making many people happier or lifting everyone out of poverty?
- What is the kind of future that my children are likely to have? Will they really face severe environmental decline and social chaos?
- If there is indeed an impending crisis, what are the solutions? Are some of the answers to be found in Auroville?
- What is my responsibility for and in the present global predicament? Can I make a difference? If so, how should I act?
- What should I be doing with the rest of my life?
Topics and events: Global crisis, outer and inner sustainability, Auroville experiments with sustainable practices, field visits, and more…
Early Bird Discount: Fee of Rs.16000, if paid before June 30, 2017
A few half-scholarships available for deserving applicants.
The workshop fee of Rs.18000 includes boarding and lodging from Sunday evening (17th September) until Saturday afternoon (23rd September), workshop material, local transport, and service tax.
For early birds: Fee of Rs.16000, if paid before June 30, 2017.
For more information and to register, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are in Auroville, you can also call Tineke (094434 69330)
(For more information on Auroville, visit: www.auroville.org)