|Event Start Date:|
16th July 2018
|Event End Date:|
16th July 2018
India Ripple Academy Learning Lab
September 14-16, 2018
A 3-day workshop about the power of women leaders to transform environmental crises into solutions
The India Ripple Academy Learning Lab offers a unique forum for discussion, training, and action with grassroots women leaders who are protecting our earth and empowering communities.
Through the Ripple Academy Learning Lab, women environmental leaders will strengthen their work, increase impact, and access resilience and empowerment through connection with other women leaders.
We consider environmental leaders to be women who are working broadly in sectors like safe drinking water, sustainable farming, clean cookstoves, seed saving, women’s land ownership and/or stewardship, ecotourism, food security, community disaster preparedness, and climate resilience.
Who are the participants?
An ideal candidate is a woman who is:
- Active in non-profit leadership, grassroots advocacy, business, or community organizing
- Recognized by her peers as a leader in her issue area
- Skilled in building networks and forging diverse partnerships within her community
- Currently engaged in a project or has a project concept with an environmental focus as defined above
- Affiliated with an organization or experienced network in an environmental sector
- Interested in engaging women from different cultural, faith, and belief traditions
- Committed to growing her personal skills and capacity in order to strengthen her work
- Willing and able to invest 3 full days in a workshop, plus preparation work and communication before and after the workshop
- Strong in literacy and arithmetic skills and has familiarity with budgets
What participants can expect?
Participants will engage in a 3-day workshop with other selected women leaders in India. Learning Lab content will include:
- Trainings on project design and management for impact, entrepreneurship, fundraising and marketing strategies, leadership, and special topics on environmental sectors
- Discussion forums to share challenges, solutions, questions, and resources
- Relationship-building with other women leaders, potential mentors, and specialists
- Activities to celebrate our unique cultural traditions (dances, songs, stories)
- Exercises to promote self-care and resilience
- Before the Learning Lab: Preparation exercises, readings, and at least one group call
- After the Learning Lab: Invitation for follow up group calls, reflection exercises, and collaboration with women environmental leaders globally
Please find more information about the program below, as well as the application here to share with your network and any promising applicants.